Saturday, May 11, 2013

Thai Burger with Almond Butter Chili Sauce

Hello blogees!  I took a little time off from blogging, sorry for my absence, life has just gotten in the way, yknow?  But no worries, I come equipped with a delicious summer-ready recipe!

Workout

I've taken a week off from heavy lifting.  Crazy right?  I was feeling so run down by the start of the week, I decided to be nice to myself and gorge on the stack of InStyle and Women's Health sitting in my gym locker.  Glorious.

So no crazy gym routine today, guys.  Instead just a tip: do what you like at the gym.  It's pretty fun.

Eats

Something about summer just screams burgers to me.  Burgers and cold beverages in some sort of outdoor space.  Yum.  I've been perfecting the oven-baked burger in the absence of a grill, and this  sauce was a delicious twist on the original.  Plus I made cocoa-toasted cauliflower from The Clothes Make the Girl that was an excellent accompaniment to the spicy sauce. 

Thai burger with almond butter chili sauce
Burger ingredients:
Ingredients:
1lb ground beef (I used 93% lean)
1/2t garlic salt
1/4t pepper
1t chili powder
 
Sauce Ingredients:
3T almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
1T rice wine vinegar
1T low sodium tamari (or soy, aminos, etc)
3T coconut milk 
1T sriracha
 
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Mix all the burger ingredients together until just incorporated--overmixing will result in tough burgers!  Then simply divide the meat mixture in to 4 patties, throw on a baking rack over a cookie sheet linted with foil.  Bake for 10-12 minutes, flip, and bake for 10-12 minutes more.  While that's cooking, mix together your sauce.  Once the burgers are done, top with sauce and enjoy!

Thai Turkey Veggie Burger Image
http://healthylivinghowto.com/1/post/2012/04/gobble-gobble.html

Let me tell you, this sauce is bangin'.  It's super flavorful and packs a powerful punch that the Coach and I just couldn't get enough of.  And the cocoa-toasted cauliflower really went perfectly with this one.  I think the smoky flavor of grilled burgers would make this sauce taste even better, so I'm looking forward to *one day* having a grill to try this out on.  Definitely a make again!

Hope everyone has a wonderful Mother's Day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment