Sunday, February 10, 2013

Whole30 Week 1

I had such a chill, relaxing weekend I'm pretty sad to see it end.  I really needed a couple of days of "nothing" and that's exactly what I got.  Even the Coach had a full day off today and enjoyed not 1, not 2, but 3 separate naps.  And he's already looking droopy-eyed...guess he needed time off even more than I did.

So Saturday began my second week of Whole30, and I'm still going strong!  There haven't been too many temptations at work this week, and that's the site of my biggest indulgences so I'm hoping that once chocolate-filled Valentine's Day hits I'm able to resist.  As far as food at home, the only real changes have been no milk in my coffee, making my own salad dressing (quick balsamic/Dijon/olive oil), and deli meat after workouts instead of protein powder.  And of course no booze, so I'm having to find other ways to relax after tough days at work.

I have found that I'm craving more fruit after dinner, but I've always wanted a sweet bite at the end of the day.  Usually I'll have a square of dark chocolate or I'll share an apple with the Coach, so this past week I've been doing the latter.  I definitely consumed a few too many pieces of fruit on my own this weekend, however, so this upcoming week I'm going to focus on curbing that.

Hope Week 2 goes as well as Week 1!

Workout

 Today was just a quick 30 min run/walk treadmill routine that looked like this:


Of note, I watched someone fall off a treadmill at the gym today.  He landed in a very graceful semi-lunge position behind the treadmill, but I totally called this gym-fail as he was trying to take off his sweatshirt while running.  Seriously?  Just step off, it takes 5 seconds to whip that thing over your head.  As soon as I saw what he was doing I couldn't take my eyes off him.  It took about 2 minutes for him to de-thread each arm and then he left it around his neck and I figured he would end with the cape look, but then he went for the full removal and down he went.  He was OK, but I had to step off the treadmill for a moment to swallow my laughter.

Hope everyone had a weekend full of relaxing moments like mine--have a good start to your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment